What is a Corona Kavach Insurance Policy?
A Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy is a Health Insurance Policy designed to cover hospitalisation expenses on account of Coronavirus-related hospitalisation.
This Policy can be especially useful for people who do not have a regular health insurance policy as Hospital bills for CoVID can run into lakhs of rupees.
What Does a Corona Kavach Insurance Policy Cover?
A Corona Kavach Insurance Policy covers the following:
1. Hospitalisation Expenses: Hospitalisation Expenses where the Insured is hospitalised for a period of more than 24 hours on confirmed positive diagnosis of CoVID in an Govt Authorised Diagnostic Centre.
2. Home Care Treatment Expenses: : Treatment availed by the Insured at Home on a medical practitioner’s advice on confirmed positive diagnosis of CoVID in a Govt Authorised Diagnostic Centre.
Home Care treatment is usually covered for a maximum period of 14 days.
There is a continuous active line of treatment with monitoring of the health status by a medical practitioner for each day through the duration of the home care treatment.
3. Pre and Post Hospitalisation Expenses: Pre and Post-Hospitalisation Expenses for a period of 15 days before hospitalisation and 30 days after hospitalisation are covered.
What is NOT covered under a Corona Kavach Policy?
A Corona Kavach Policy does not cover the following:
1. Admission for Investigation & Evaluation where the diagnosis is not confirmed as positive
2. Admission for Rest Cure, Rehabilitation and Respite Care are not covered
3. Claim for CoVID which has been diagnosed prior to Policy Start Date
4. Expenses for Day Care Treatment and OPD Treatment
5. Policy Cover ends if the Insured travels to any country placed under travel restriction by the Government of India
What are the Sum Insured Options in a Corona Kavach Insurance Policy?
Corona Kavach Policy offers Sum Insured Options from Rs 50,000/- to Rs5,00,000/-
What is the waiting period under the Corona Kavach Policy?
Corona Kavach Insurance Policy generally has a Waiting Period of 15 Days.
What is the Policy Duration?
Corona Kavach Policy offers 3 durations – 3.5 months, 6.5 months and 9.5 months inclusive of the waiting period.
What is the Entry Age for a Corona Kavach Policy?
The Entry Age eligibility criteria for Corona Kavach Insurance Policy are as follows:
1. 18 to 65 years for Parents, Spouse and the Proposer
2. 1 Day to 25 years for Dependent Children
What are the Claim Settlement Option under the Policy?
Claims under Corona Kavach Insurance Policy can be settled either by Reimbursement Basis or Cashless Basis.
Are Costs of PPE Kits, Gloves, Masks covered under a Corona Kavach Policy?
Yes, Cost of PPE Kits, Gloves, Masks are covered in case of a Hospitalisation Claim under a Corona Kavach Insurance Policy.
Can you buy a Corona Kavach Policy if your family member has tested positive for CoVID?
No, usually a person cannot purchase a Corona Kavach Policy if he/she has been in close contact with a CoVID positive person in the last 15 days.
Is a Pre-Existing Disease Confirmation required to avail a Corona Kavach Policy?
Yes, it is mandatory to declare all the Pre-Existing Diseases that the person availing the insurance suffers from.
Are there any Pre Policy Medical Tests required to avail a Corona Kavach Policy?
No, Pre-Policy Medical Tests are not required to avail a Corona Kavach Insurance Policy.
Can an employer purchase a Corona Purchase Policy for his employees?
Yes, there are options for employers to purchase group CoVID Policy for their employees.
If you wish to purchase a Corona Kavach Insurance Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 022-22044989 or fill this Contact Form.